• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Bow saw bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are great for bucking logs that are already fell on ground. They save your back. I have never used one cause seems like they are slightly more dangerous than straight bar. Dont quote me on that cause again never used one.

Bow bars are great for cutting wood on the ground--I have a bow -green poulan on a homelite xl-12-sharp chain--she pulls it well.Keep the spurs under log and not much chance of kickback. Misuse it and be careless you will get cut/killed. I respect it.Full safety gear. I heard a coworker say back in the day of southern pulpwooders his dad with a bow could cut faster than 2 men could load. I can now see how that is with mine in use.Chips fly off bar never get up into saw. Use 1 you will be hooked. I have a old sandcast gear reduction poulan with bow-future project-90cc 1/2 chain may be my fovorite. David Southwest Ga.

Bow saws were mostly used for pulp wood cutting. That's all done by machines now so they went away. Still lots of them around hanging on nails in barns and so on. It's not all that common to find one with all the guards in place. The one sold in this thread was a good example...

Back