Branding the wood for advertisement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whyz

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was woundering if anyone ever branded the stump or a cut off branch with their name and number?I have a bubby that works on a waterjet that can make me one.I thought that it would stick out for a year untill the cut or stump looks weathered.

I made a 2 lb. hammer with G (Grace) on on end and T (Tree) on the other. We used to drive by sites where we did removals and there was nothing to point at so we started stamping the stumps. No real point to it. Just something we used to do and don't do much anymore. There's some big elm stumps that we stamped that will probably be there after I'm dead.
Phil

I was woundering if anyone ever branded the stump or a cut off branch with their name and number?I have a bubby that works on a waterjet that can make me one.I thought that it would stick out for a year untill the cut or stump looks weathered.

So were you hoping that people looking for a tree company were going to be randomly walking through a customers yard and see your name on the stump or were you planning on driving around and tossing branches with your name on them in peoples lawns?

Yeah the only people who see it are other tree guys when the custy calls them to replace the idiot who carved their initials in the stump

Yeah the only people who see it are other tree guys when the custy calls them to replace the idiot who carved their initials in the stump

Just the stumps or trees close to the sidewalk.Walking around u can see if somebody did tree work.People are always looking around.

had this made out of mesquite tree on my buddys cnc router oh well will have to get a new picture tommorow

on multi day jobs I stapple a flyer to the stack of firwood on curb and write free firewood on the back of another and staple it too, dont have a comercial yard yet and dont have to haul it back and forth and have got a few cals from it and get rid of most of the smaller wood too,

i have a 25-30" pecan cookie dryed next to hotwater heater for 3-4 years no checks that i am going to have cnc routered to put on the back of stump grinder trailer he routers them then spray paints then planes them to remove the paint except were it;s routered he also does photos, www.photo2wood.com

here is one he made of my Girlfriend and I,

View attachment 229161

Last edited:
CNC routered sign

Thanks, ZaleView attachment 229314
mY HOME COMPUTER SLAVE DRIVE WENT OUT AND ATE ALL MY PICTURES GOT HOME AFTER DARK AND SIGN IS WEATHERED NOW LOOKED REAL GOOD WHEN WE MADE IT, CAP locks off lol now the lap top is glitching too.
I think Jon charges 79 for a photo2wood unless on exotic wood for a 11x14 its preety nice could do one of you infront of chipper truck would be cool I am going to get one of me with my ISA cert on my sleve,
Paul

had this made out of mesquite tree on my buddys cnc router oh well will have to get a new picture tommorow

on multi day jobs I stapple a flyer to the stack of firwood on curb and write free firewood on the back of another and staple it too, dont have a comercial yard yet and dont have to haul it back and forth and have got a few cals from it and get rid of most of the smaller wood too,

i have a 25-30" pecan cookie dryed next to hotwater heater for 3-4 years no checks that i am going to have cnc routered to put on the back of stump grinder trailer he routers them then spray paints then planes them to remove the paint except were it;s routered he also does photos, Turn your photos into long lasting beautiful wood carvings.

here is one he made of my Girlfriend and I,

View attachment 229161

Very cool!

I don't brand stumps but I have been known to tack my business card to the stubs of trees I have cut out of the road while cutting my way into a storm damaged area.

Latest posts

Back