cabling and trimming??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skywalker

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have a guy who wants me to cable a big cherry for him and I've never done it before. I would like to know what cable strength is safe to go with and what kind of drill set-up I need to be able to do the job. I told him I've never done it and he's cool with that so long as I figure out the right way to do it.
I also would like to know how to trim a 25' Linden tree that looks entirely to full. The woman is more worried about the trees' health than she is asthetics. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, STS

Go to sherrill's website and order Best Management Practices on Tree support systems. It's an 8 dollar book and will tell ya all you need to know about cabling.

Go to sherrill's website and order Best Management Practices on Tree support systems. It's an 8 dollar book and will tell ya all you need to know about cabling.
Yup.

as for trimming a linden, why do you say it looks too full?

can you post a picture?

The customer wants it thinned out, and to be honest, I just thought it was too full b/c it is way more crowded than most other deciduous trees that I have seen. I don't have any pictures but I might be able to get one tomorrow. Should I trim it like any other tree or is it different?
Thanx, Dan

The customer wants it thinned out, and to be honest, I just thought it was too full b/c it is way more crowded than most other deciduous trees that I have seen. I don't have any pictures but I might be able to get one tomorrow. Should I trim it like any other tree or is it different?
Thanx, Dan
It is very different--just becasue it is fuller than many species does NOt MEAN THAT IT IS TOO FULL, OR "CROWDED".

Back