calkboots

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the swede

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
does anyone know a good pair of pro calkboots for logging/felling and where i can buy them on the internet? i live in sweden so i guess i need boots like they use in the north of us or canada!! tanks guy`s!!!

I wish I could help ya, bro.

wall.gif

You can get calks from either bailey's or CCD (comercial cutters direct).

Hi Swede,

Are you saying that you can`t buy the Husky or Viking caulk boots locally, or do you want a leather boot instead of rubber?

I`m currently wearing the Husky boots with the tiny caulks in them. They work pretty well on everything except the most gnarly bark and they are nice if you are climbing on and off of equipment where the biggers caulks make it feel like you are walking on ice.

I have wide feet so the standard liners don`t fit me too well but the black quilted ones from Labonville are very nice.

I think that you will find that Bailey`s, one of the site sponsors, has several styles of caulk boots available.

Russ

if its a leather boot you want you cant go wrong with Whites or Westcos. i have never used the rubber ones. i have 2 pair of Westcos.

the swede said:
does anyone know a good pair of pro calkboots for logging/felling and where i can buy them on the internet? i live in sweden so i guess i need boots like they use in the north of us or canada!! tanks guy`s!!!

Huskyvarnish has calk-sole boots, they just call them studs
http://international.husqvarna.com/?url=/node1573.asp?cid=192&frames=false

If the link does not work, then just cut & paste the base URL into your browser and search thier site.

Though I'm sure you'll find a better logging boot with some of the names mentioned
http://www.dogpile.com/info.dogpl/search/web/logger+boot+calk

thank you all guy`s for helping me out!! i guess the viking is the best option for me!! great sawprotection,watertight and calks!!can it really be better?ok,they are a little bit heavy,but what the he..!.I can buy those boots that john paul and jokers are talking about,with the small "studs" but i want BIGGER!! and we dont have them in sweden!!??.I`m going down to the south of sweden to help the"poor"guy`s out after a great storm! it look`s like "hell" down there!! i gonna cut loose the trees for the harwesters,and there use to be a lot of dangerus climbing on the trees,so i really want "real"spikes!! well,i think you guy`s know what i`m talking about!! if anybody have anything else about "calks"please let me know!! you can never know to much!!the cold weather is a problem here so i want as warm boots as possible!! best regards from a swedish logger...Ronnie.

rb_in_va said:
Tiny caulks, huh? :laugh:

Yeah, I know, sounds funny!

John, the new style boots with the tiny caulks use a friction fit. When the caulks wear out, the hole is reputed to be too sloppy for new ones to stay in place?

Russ

Latest posts

Back