carlton presets

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldtoolsnewproblems

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have some milling chain that is a link too long to use in my setup so i need to b reak and shorten it. however it is carlton A3 and I can't find presets for that. I have zero to test fit and I'd rather not buy 10 different types guessing. does anyone have any idea what would fit? my local hardware stores can't make custom loops (i live in suburbia) so I'm gonna just do it myself. is oregon or stihl my better guess for these? looks like all stihl is the same on most common sizes, but oregon i need to amke sure it's for 063 chain. anyone got any additional clues?

Oregon presets seem to work most the time for me on 3/8 Carlton chain. Like you said just make sure you get them for .063 gauge.

Like usual Stihl has there own way of doing and sizing things so they probably won't work. At least in my experience.

I have a Carlton chain that broke while in operation (yea, that was a scary one!)

The shop patched it with Oregon. It ran fine the rest of its life, though the height of the strap may be a mm or so different. If it looks funny to you.

Latest posts

Back