Carlton SP7017TRX & SP8018TRX

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Treeco when did they change from the 4400 to the 7017 and whats the difference. The reason I'm looking at the TRX is I want a machine for operating on often wet and hilly areas am also considering an RG85 but have only located a 2wd version. If I have to buy new its RG90 or 8018trx and I think the trx will go more places.

Treeco......... You are exactly right when you refer to Carlton about changing designs often. But isn't change a good thing??????? Carlton listens to their customers, and frequently implements new designs based on these ideas. I recently bought a new machine from Carlton and they custom built a machine for me. I had several ideas and they worked with me to create my own design. They now use two of my ideas on the new machines like mine. Very few, if any other companies would do such a thing. You talk as if you had a bad experience with your 4400-4. What is the problem......Traction????????......I will admit its not perfect, I have had traction problems with mine in certian situations, but I still manage an average of $350.00 an hour for every hour on the clock. Thats a darn good living no matter how I look at it.

The only difference between the 4400-4 and the 7015 is the name. The only exception is that the 7015 comes with tracks or wheels. But just as treeco pointed out; be aware that if you buy a new one, they could upgrade the model at any time during the year and not just the end of the year. You could be the last one to buy the old design and feel infringed upon, and left "Holding the bag"..........

TreeCo said:
My experience with Carlton is they will make design changes and leave the buyers of their past deficient designs holding the bag.

Want to buy a functionally obsolescent 4400 with less than 100 hrs.?

Dan
been using a 4400-4 for 4 years 400 hours a year and love it! so if you have a 4400-4 with less than 100 hours for sale i would be a prospect to purchase. im sure with all your "experience" with carlton youll probably be willing to pay someone to take this "functionally obsolete" machine off your hands. i got tha money, the question is do you have the machine?

Never posted on arborsite before. Hi y'all, and hi treebuzzers. Anyone here interested in a stumper? Carlton SP4012 - Diesel, 29 hp Lombardini -
Less than 30 hrs. - w. trailer - She's a beaut. Clark!
This thing is still brand new. Nothing wrong w. it. Willing to negotiate for quick sale. Not enough business where I am. Will be at TCI and can bring it with. e-mail or call

7o15 carlton

we have been running carltons for 9 yrs.we just picked up 2 7500 tow behinds,with the new remote wireless,and the new cutter wheels.like every thing about them.the two 7o15s we be del. tommorrow.we'll post a pick. :blob5:email or contact if you have any ?

Back