CB 1450 Water treatment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grafton32

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been tossed around already. I bought a central boiler eclassic 1450 this past fall. I filled the furnace with my spring water (which runs on the acidic side), added the CB corrosion inhibitor. My dealer is pretty good, but can be hard to get a hold of. The nitrate test is around 28-30 drops, I know that's high, but if I drain the furnace and add more water I think it will drop my ph below 8, out of the range. Am I going to cause rust with the nitrate lvl this high? What can I add to boost the ph? I've cleaned everything out for the summer time as I use my electric hot water heater untill fall. Should I keep my pump circulating? Should I drain the boiler? Should I just shut the pumps off?

Thanks!

I don't Know anything about these OWB...I am gonna pick up my 1450 next week, so i hope you don't have anything bad to report with yours?

I have an In ground pool and i wonder if you couldn't use the same stuff that i use in the pool to balance the PH ?

I don't Know anything about these OWB...I am gonna pick up my 1450 next week, so i hope you don't have anything bad to report with yours?

I have an In ground pool and i wonder if you couldn't use the same stuff that i use in the pool to balance the PH ?

Nothing bad to report, the boiler works great. Make sure your wood is seasoned, or pretty close to it. Otherwise it will burn like #### (just not as hot, and it will chew the wood up faster). I've learned it burns longer and better with some big rounds in it. It has a learning curve to it, the water tresatment is kind of a pain, but otherwise like it quite a bit.

Back