Central Boiler leaking water

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdboy9

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
A friend of mine has a central boiler that I am going to I guess you could say inherit. Not sure on its age but I would guess at least 8 years old.

Anyway I haven't even looked at it but from what he said its one of the bigger units either comparable to the 6048 or 7260. It has a water leak and having not seen it I don't know where and to what extent.

What I was wondering if for some reason it would need some kind of repair to the firebox or water jacket would it be something that could be done?

boiler a la leak :^)

A friend of mine has a central boiler that I am going to I guess you could say inherit. Not sure on its age but I would guess at least 8 years old.

Anyway I haven't even looked at it but from what he said its one of the bigger units either comparable to the 6048 or 7260. It has a water leak and having not seen it I don't know where and to what extent.

What I was wondering if for some reason it would need some kind of repair to the firebox or water jacket would it be something that could be done?

Greetings and salutations from my corner of the soon to be frozen eastern wilderness @ 1140 feet above mean sea level.

It can be welded but be sure call central boiler with the serial number of the boiler to find out the metal used in the construction of the boiler jacket to avoid welding problems with disimular metals. A certified welder will be able to do this easily- be sure they are qualified for pressure vessel welding beforehand ask for proof of same as they have to have it!!!!

:chainsaw: :cheers: :notrolls2:

Greetings and salutations from my corner of the soon to be frozen eastern wilderness @ 1140 feet above mean sea level.

It can be welded but be sure call central boiler with the serial number of the boiler to find out the metal used in the construction of the boiler jacket to avoid welding problems with disimular metals. A certified welder will be able to do this easily- be sure they are qualified for pressure vessel welding beforehand ask for proof of same as they have to have it!!!!

:chainsaw: :cheers: :notrolls2:

Umm no!

You dont need to be qualified for pressure vessel welding for a CB, there open systems. I would call CB about the warranty and they will say to bad and fix it your self or buy a new stove.

I'm not sure about the warranty but I will be sure to check into it. I believe the guy that had this boiler just went out and bought a smaller one from a different manufacture. Maybe he didn't need the size?? I really don't know but I'm crossing my fingers that it will be covered. If not I will fix it anything can be fixed just takes time and lots of cash :)

I have another question, I plan to put this thing next to our barn since there is a pad there for machinery that isn't used anymore. Do these things put out a lot of sparks? The wind primarily blows in the direction of the barn as well.

nah.. if you are concerned

put a spark arrestor on it and insure the barn for everything it is worth..

Where is the leak? external? or internal to the firebox?

Umm no!

You dont need to be qualified for pressure vessel welding for a CB, there open systems. I would call CB about the warranty and they will say to bad and fix it your self or buy a new stove.

they will give some BS for not backin' it!!!....right MS-310?..lol

HAHA yeah i like the idea of burning it down we are putting so much time into rebuilding it maybe i should throw all of the equipment in it and let it burn down :)

I haven't been able to see it yet so I don't know where its leaking. A cluster of things have to happen before I can go see it due to the original owner just picking up and moving and storing it on a friends piece of property. I'm basically the 4th guy in line that has to have 3 others okay me to go get it.

Last edited:
I have a good idea how they get away with it. We are little guys way way way down on the totem poll and they are big companies that make lots and lots of money off of us hard working honest people only to stick it to us when we ask for help.

How do they get away with it? I take it you had a run in with them?

I put in alot of Cb for people in this area, I love the stoves but they can "tell" if you are using sodium nitrate or not....Its kinda a game with them, just make sure you put you sodium nitrate in and keep it clean also keep a lid on the flue so no water can get in there in the summer. You dont make money given stoves away every 5 years, there warranty is kinda weired also, 5 years they fix it 6 to 10 years they pro-rate it and after 10 they say HAHA. Also its how you take care of the stove, that is what makes it last...

Latest posts

Back