Chainsaws found in movies/tv shows

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The other great scene Paul Newman cuts desk in half/

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Newman's acting in the drowning scene probably deserved an academy award all by itself. Truly one of the greatest tragedy scenes ever filmed, I recall people in the audience sobbing and bursting into tears. No special effects were needed, just plain realism at work.

Newman's acting in the drowning scene probably deserved an academy award all by itself. Truly one of the greatest tragedy scenes ever filmed, I recall people in the audience sobbing and bursting into tears. No special effects were needed, just plain realism at work.

Ditto that.

Had a little crush on Lee after that movie :))
3541ef04685d7c255cdd0e70e4601609.jpg

Erik

My wife likes the "Cheesy Christmas Movies" on the Halmark Channel. You know the ones... by 5 minutes into the movie, you know who all of the main players are, which main plot line the movie is going to follow, and who is going to get the girl. (she considers it pay back for a summer full of Yankee games)

Anyway, whenever they are cutting down the Christmas tree, they always have a white and orange saw. There is no branding on it. I don't think it's a Stihl though - it's cold with snow on the ground and the saw always starts on the first pull.

:innocent:

Absolutely. That was such a heavy scene, and the lack of music or any noise other than him frantically trying to save his buddy made it even more powerful.

edit: scene for those curious. audio is weird in places, dunno why

On another note about that movie- the house that they used for the film in Kernville OR was up for sale not long ago. Wish Id had $700k laying around at the time to buy it :) Such a beautiful place right on the Siletz

Absolutely. That was such a heavy scene, and the lack of music or any noise other than him frantically trying to save his buddy made it even more powerful.

edit: scene for those curious. audio is weird in places, dunno why

On another note about that movie- the house that they used for the film in Kernville OR was up for sale not long ago. Wish Id had $700k laying around at the time to buy it. :) Such a beautiful place right on the Siletz

Looks like this movie scene has been censored by You Tube. Neither my original post nor yours is visible. Too powerful for Generation X or do they just want us to by more upgraded hardware to stay in touch? That's the way it is these days.

I have been collecting vintages saw, as well as adding movie related saw to my collection. Homelite XL12 for the original The Evil Dead. Mine is a Super XL. But could mod it with a new clutch cover if I wanted. The one in the movie had the black sticker with the white XL12 lettering and a piece of electric wire tape over the name Homelite.

McCoulloch Eager Beaver 2.0 for the original DOOM video game. I love that saw.

Poulan 306a (in place of a 245a) for the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Homelite Super EZ. That saw was in Wes Craven's The Last House on the Left. Mine does not have the old red handle bar like the one in the movie. It's the Super EZ with the red and white paint job. The saw was live and not a prop. The actor used a chainsaw in someone's living room who gave Craven permission to shoot his film there.

And my favorite... Homelite Super 2 which is modded like the Homelite XL2 in Evil Dead 2 (Ash vs Evil Dead tv series). It's fully functional. Although a bit bulky, since I'm not missing my meat hook like Ash, I built a housing (hand guard) out of pvc and added in a wood dowel. This is what I hold onto when using the saw. Attached a wire to a compression spring that has a key ring, so when I'm wearing the chainsaw my middle finger can throttle the engine.

Back