Changing Stump Teeth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROLLACOSTA

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
how do you guys change your stump grinder teeth ..i use a torque bar to loosen them and a small socket spanner to finnish off opening them..i do the teeth up as tight as possible with the socket spanner and finnish off with the torque bar..then i go to bed for an hour

what im saying is its not to bad with only 16 teeth to change ,but a machine with 30+ it must be very time consuming ..is there a quicker way ..like some air tool

Air ratchet..... with allen head ......like air tool used to on auto wheels.

We tighten and loosen with it and very seldom do we need anything else. Have never lost a tooth.

i was looking at buying a compressor and air ratchet but unfortunatly no one /dealer could recommend the right size commpresor..:(

anyway hows that new bucket truck working

:D

Bucket is GREAT.

I use a little Sears compressor $300 or less air chisel with pointed end to clean out the allen heads, and a cheapo air ratchet. I would like a larger one with more cfm and larger tank, but this one works and it is 115v.

Recently swithed to Greenteeth, but the jury is still out on whether this was a good move or not.

let me know how the new teeth go im still a bit suspect all the bigger stump contractor use ordinary finger teeth but with a fatter shank,i think with stump teeth you need to get set up with compressor rattle gun and green white wheels on your grinder just so its not such a chore doing them,ive been changing them over in stages pulling a third of the dullest off its a quik fix

I use a 19 volt Chicago Electric rechargeable impact wrench which delivers 225 Ft Lbs. of torque. I do recommend at least one extra battery. I purchased mine from Harbor Freight. Works great and does not require a compressor, so it can be used anywhere.

Back