chipper volume

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is it - Vermeer BC700XL. Now to line up help and a tow vehicle. $215/day, Fri to Mon 1 1/2 days, week 3 days. Sound typical? I guess I can tow with my Outback - 1800 pounds.

Last minute - best recommendation for hearing protection? muffs or plugs or both? just one day - tomorrow - and I never do use hearing protection for other things but the constant noise seems necessary.

Thanks. Bought muffs. Amazing how good they work for $13.

Two lessons that may help others chipping first time as I'm maybe a 1/3 of way through pile. First, be able to maneuver chipper and pushing it to stay close to pile. Second, leave slash in as large of pieces you can manhandle. I cut to many into small pieces, and a whole big branch works better. I'm sure obvious to experienced.

Finito! Well spent $215. On the other hand would have been nice to be on deck sipping a nice lager while some other mopes schlepted brush to the chipper.

The Vermeer was amazing. Worked like a charm.

I'm torn between two movies: No Country for Old Men and Fargo. I think this was my first and last day feeding a chipper, and as tempting as it was, I never said it was for my wife.

I'm torn between two movies: No Country for Old Men and Fargo. I think this was my first and last day feeding a chipper, and as tempting as it was, I never said it was for my wife.
Going to need more than the 700 to feed Fargo style cadavers into the chipper. Make sure to cleap up the blood real good - DNA can be a hard case to beat.

My neighbor had a short career running a chipper he bought. Arm got tangled in the branches. Chipper was pulling him in to meet his maker. Son seen it and shut it down. He sold the chipper. Hence the short career.

Nothing about making trees disappear is safe it would seem.

Yeah, the 700 is a cute little machine... now picture an 1800...😁😁😁

This is how you get things done....
kRsTDj5.jpg
egMXWXY.jpg

Latest posts

Back