Chipper wanted in Utah

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe h

Reaction score
I'm in Cedar City Utah. No rentals here, no dealer close. Nothing on Ebay is less than 1000 miles east or beyond.
6" to 9" chipper needed. Las Vegas? Southern Calif?
Everything I can find is either 1000 miles East, or northern Calif.
Any ideas for something closer? Not a pro, this is for my personal use clearing a path for power line to mountain property. Looking for low budget solution as the power company is getting the bulk of my $.
Thanks, Joe H

Not a lot of options here. There are some heavy duty brush cutters that can cut up to 6" brush similiar to a bushhog. Try one of the power companys or a subcontractor that does clearing for the power company. Other option is to rent a dozer or backhoe. Can rent them for about 1500-2000 for the entire month. A chipper will cost your more if you buy. If you are interested, I have a 9" Morbark for sale. I'm on the east coast in NC.

Chipper

Swaltman, I have a backhoe, but still need to chip the remains. So far I have a bunch of firewood, lot of fence posts and a huge amount of limbs.
A chipper in this area will turn up eventually, I'm patient. Joe H

Sounds like you have done all you can do. If you have a backhoe and you have the land. Dig a hole and bury the debris. Not sure how big of a pile you have. I guess burning the brush pile is out of the question. A combination of burning and burying. Dig a fire pit and burn what you can, cover the rest.
Or hope a chipper will show up.
Good luck.

Latest posts

Back