City of Oak Creek asking for bids on street tree pruning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is this an apropriate post?

• Yes, I would like to see more of this

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • No, this should be a paid advertisment on the site

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

John Paul Sanborn

Above average climber
Reaction score
ISA cert Arborist must be on site
bids due 10/25/02, 9am
work must be completed by 12/31/02
Lowest bid is not a selection criteria
bids must be on city forms

POC for full bid specs
Rebeca Lane, city forester 414/768-5861

This post was not requested by the city, they have no knowledge it is being done. I am doing it for the benefit of our members, in the area, who may wish to submit a bid

I have no problem with reading and viewing possible tenders on this site. However, I don't think that they should be listed under the Commercial sector.................if they were to be posted, they should be under their own link.

Some may find the ads annoying like internet spam..............therefore, choosing to find their answers and relaxation time elsewhere!

I clickled yes, more of this BUT it should be in its own site. If not, then it is spam just like others to save the leper orphan tied to an elephant in Botswana as seen on the Oprah show. I would go to the Oprah site if I wanted to see that.

Hint when wondering what content to post - does it relate to Commercial Tree Care and Climbing?

Can't tell you how many times I've written several paragraphs only to consider the title of the thread and forum and decide to not post anything at all. Not that I don't go off topic frequently....but I try not to.

There are enough posts in this forum as it is, if something isn't replied to within 2 days, it's off the first page, which is not a good thing.

Nickrosis

what's wrong w/ posting potential leads for big jobs on this site????? isn't the whole idea of arboristsite to help out your
fellow tree-man???? i've got no problem w/ it.
budroe:cool:
p.s. hey nick,
congradulations!
when did you become
the "official spokesman"
of arboristsite.com?????

Originally posted by Nickrosis
This does not fit the business plan of ArboristSite.com.

And since when are YOU the final word on AS business policy?

There is a vast difference between stating your opinion and dictating policy over others.

Bids

Should it have it's own fourm and who picks up the tab for this new fourm? I think it is a good idea to show there is work out there to be bid on but I don't have a good idea on how to pay to administrate the fourm.This is the right place to look if it is about trees to be tended to. Sherrill's is about how to get the equipment you need and how to use it. Municipal Bids would have to be a seperate fourm to check for work to be done? Flat fee to pay for Bids wanted fourm?

I am infatuated with myself.

Is that what you think? Is my opinion somehow representing ArboristSite? Since when? Isn't it acceptable to post your opinion? Wasn't that what JPS was asking for? Wouldn't it appear that a Commecial Tree Care and Climbing does not include municipal advertisements?

I'm SORRY! No, I'm not. I will continue to participate at ArboristSite.com despite this kind of persecution and criticism of my own opinions. I guess I deserve it because of all the rude things I say to people here. Right? Is that what you think?

Nickrosis

I think it would be interesting from the standpoint (as long as it didn't get way out of hand) of checking out how other municipalities in other regions do their business. It's not spam if the person posting it has no interest in the content, and in this case, the person posting would'nt stand to benefit; he'd be increasing competition on a job that he himself might be bidding. I think he'd be doing a service to other arbos in his area, too. That is unless the person posting worked for the municipality, in which case it shouldn't be allowed.

Nick--I took your post in the spirit in which it was offered, which was to be informative.

Seriously, move it from this forum. Maybe a free section in ads. There is enough material here. Why not make it Commercial Tree Care, Climbing, Municipal Bids, Nascar, and Sheep shaggin. Where will it stop?? Is commercial tree care and climbing not broad enough?? If not, then you not only know it all but you have nothing to contribute and should visit another site.

Nick, 165 - your opinons are always welcome here.

Latest posts

Back