Cleaned up this B-day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haywire Haywood

Fiscal Conservative Social Retard
Reaction score
Well, the better half did me right on my 39th B-day (yesterday). I scored a 24" speed tip bar and a loop of semi-chisel Woodsman Pro skip chain for the 361, D. Dent's "Professional Timber Falling" book for a how-to, and the Tach that Bailey's sells. Used it this evening on the 346 that got the new rings and discovered that it was trotting along at only a bit over 11k. It should run mooch stronger now at 14,200 (hopefully). The Northern grinder I ordered also came in. Bonus. On top of that, she made me an absolutely huge porterhouse steak, potatoes, broccoli, and some italian bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar to dip it in. Desert... German Chocolate cake. Hmmm... slept good last night.

Ian

Congrats!!! You did well, both in regards the b'day and the wife, too, it would seem.

I will also print your post out and leave it where my wife will see it. Twenty bucks says she'll give me the look when she finds it and then laugh that "yeah, right" laugh that women are so good at. Oh well, worth a try anyway.

Happy Birthday! Since were sort of on the topic of birthday scores, I combined generous b-day funds from folks and in-laws, combine that with some free cash from a credit card rebate, and my new 357xp costs me $7.00, shipped to my door from Tony! First new saw in 12 years! Here is a holiday hint, break up the purchase of that new saw in to powerheads and bars/chains. Get bars/chains for xmas, or just try to fool yourself that your saw costs less!

As already stated, good combo, (gifts and wife).

Had a 40th wedding anniversary in Nov. Tried to tell my kiddos that the 40th. aniversary is "Chainsaw". Alas...they didn't buy it - I mean they really...didn't buy it. Poor Me. :cry:

Last edited:
Like The Woods! said:
As already stated, good combo, (gifts and wife).

Had a 40th wedding anniversary in Nov. Tried to tell my kiddos that the 40th. aniversary is "Chainsaw". Alas...they didn't buy it - I mean they really...didn't buy it. Poor Me. :cry:

:ices_rofl: Actually the 25th is the "chainsaw anniversary...at least that's what I'm gonna try here in a couple of months. Thanks for the tip.:)

Pablo26 said:
Happy Birthday! Since were sort of on the topic of birthday scores, I combined generous b-day funds from folks and in-laws, combine that with some free cash from a credit card rebate, and my new 357xp costs me $7.00, shipped to my door from Tony! First new saw in 12 years! Here is a holiday hint, break up the purchase of that new saw in to powerheads and bars/chains. Get bars/chains for xmas, or just try to fool yourself that your saw costs less!

Good score, I am sure the 357xp will serve you well.....:clap: :clap:

I will make sure the Witch read this tread, but she has already bought me 3 saws, a Stihl Forestwear Comfort dress, a bruchcutter and a snow mover, so I guess I don't really have to.....:heart: :rockn:

Last edited:
Happyness

There's nothing like a good woman.These posts prove it on this forum!Now we just have to remember to give it all back to them.
Ed

Back