Climber injury

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treemd

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Climber in Manitoba, nice guy, LOTS of experience. Regular attendance at Prairie TCC's. Apparently (third hand from a mutual friend) fell out of a tree on Thursday. Story goes that he was 1/2 way through changing out his TIP when his groundie sent him up a saw. Grabbed the saw, strapped it on, then leaned back. Forgot he was in the middle of something else. Hospital, broken bones, apparently no spinal complications.

That is one time when I do not have a problem with being rude to the ground crew. That is, when I am placing my TIP, lanyard, etc. and they start yanking on my climbing line or tieing onto it or whatever. I let them know pretty fast to look and see what I am doing before they try to knock me out the tree. Give me a sporting chance to survive the day.

BTW, why was his lanyard not clipped in? Sounds like something else besides the saw being sent up distracted a seasoned climber that much. Maybe troubles back at home was on his mind. Hope he gets well soon and back into the trees.

Latest posts

Back