Continuing education

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PTS

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I am searching for information and or classes in regards to disease identification and a way to fix it. This is one of my week points mainly because around here nobody give a darn about their trees and therefore I have never really needed to pursue a formal education or a vast knowledge on the topic.

So I am looking for good sources and classes available. I am going to be ordering the interactive cd's from ISA. I think they will be a great learning tool not only for me but for my staff as well.

PTS said:
So I am looking for good sources and classes available. I am going to be ordering the interactive cd's from ISA. I think they will be a great learning tool not only for me but for my staff as well.
THese are a great investment if they will have several users. I've been through the Biology and Diagnosis and Pruning CD's, and while they are not perfect imo they are very good.

THe Sinclair/lyon 2nd edition of Disease book is very good to have; keep it in the field so you can look things up right then and there. In time you'll be able to sell your time on consultations instead of giving it away on estimates. That is a much better place to be.

Also get a good hand lens so you can see detail.

Are you close to Ames? Jeff Iles there used to teach there. At least connect with extension there to get free info.

Two hours from ames. But we have an extension in our town. I have heard many good things about ISU. I will check out the book. How is the ISA Study guide. I have one on the way but it isn't here yet. Is alot covered in that?

Back