Could some champion of cross reference please help put a rim/drum on a Poulan 2000?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gratewhitehuntr

Wood and Steel. Yep.
Reaction score
The Oregon spur sprocket part # is 28004, Husqvarna 530069166 but I can find nothing about a rim or drum.

This saw will be going up the tree, and I've come to distrust spur sprockets after a few years running rims on larger saws.

On the topic everyone loves... because I'm a long time lurker here 😄
I've never owned a tophandle saw, was surprised to see in-case mag-body vintage-USA stuff for $35 running. What?
Wow not even marks from a single chain sling? Unbelievable seeing such old machines with 1 hours on them 😄
Cleaning it up now, will post the required introduction thread / you suck pics shortly. Mmm... red Poulan...

Going to find a 12" bar this 16" bar is redonkulous for climbing.
Rim and drum? please and thank you

About myself? Too many saws, 2 pegboards of parts, chain on spools. Some porting exp. Only hand sharpened chains.
Going to get a $25 Poulan 3400cv next month, excellent condition. :innocent:Because red Poulan! 😻
I never liked tophandles but, there are a few Live Oak needing removed from my yard, this shape.
Most can be reached from a 40ft $350 CL ladder, which is $200 less than a single day of lift rental.
Always tie your ladder off.

_DSC5839.jpg

Dont think you will find a 3/8LP rim or drum set up for a micro saw 1800 2000 2300. Never seen them myself anyways.

Only for the older ones like S25DA etc.

2000 I bought in 94 and added a AV set up to handle.

GL

p200021.jpg

Nice, added to cart.
I spent some time cleaning last night, saw fires on first pull.
Unfortunately it appears that the exhaust port was poorly de-burred (or carbon) and there is a nick on the ring. Very shiny 🤬 nick, on a saw that hadn't run since 1984. I ordered a NOS 36.5mm x 1.5mm for $8.

I'm looking at a couple braked versions right now, wondering how well old brakes worked. Versus weight.
While not a "pro" cutter, I have somewhere near 1k hours on various saws, not sure when I've ever had enough kickback to set the brake. OTOH, I've not run a tophandle (one-handed) for more than a few mins.

Moving on to the CAD section of this post...
Yes, S25DA, I've become aware of these since purchasing the P2000 (on a whim)
Looking around for 1 or 3 of them 😄
Is there a best version? Craftsman 2.1? 2.3? (I know some 2.3 are really 2300)
I don't care about color or collect-ability. AV is OK, safety optional. Basic parts a must.

If someone could rattle off a few brand variants, that would be nice.

Latest posts

Back