Crane Safety Climber School

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCraneManInc

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
We are having our Crane Safety Climber School March 27,28,29th, 2014. This is the fourth year that we are holding the course. This year it will be held at Chapman Park in Doylestown, PA. The course is designed to give experienced climbers hands on training and familiarity with the rigging and cutting techniques used in tree removals using a crane. The course offers 18 CTSP, and 19.5 CEU's.

For more information or registration check out:

http://thecranemaninc.com/advanced climber school.html

Feel free to contact us with any questions at: [email protected]

Seems well worth the money and very reasonably priced! I'd attend something like that in a heartbeat in aus. We never seem to get the great training days that you guys have on offer over there. Though i remember some training days were offered stateside last year and then cancelled due to lack of interest.

Is the course aimed more at first time crane climbers or more experienced crane climbers?

Thanks for your comments. The course is designed for experienced tree climbers (at least 2 years), but they are not required to have had prior experience with a crane takedown. We have had guys in the course who have never worked with a crane before. We cover proper rigging, tie in points, body positioning, and cutting techniques. Our goal is to train climbers how to work safely with the crane, and to understand its capabilities.

Hey guys. Seeing lots of registration forms already coming in. So that is exciting. I've updated the brochure and required gear form on our website, so there is something to check out. Also, I have been talking with our sponsors and that list is growing. Modern Equipment is hooking us up with a 1990Xp, 2900T stump grinder, a Dingo, and some Husky and Stihl chainsaws for use during the class. Bandit,Sherrill Tree, American Arborist, Stephenson Equipment, and Nelson Wire Rope Corp are all on board again this year. I'll keep you posted as a get updates. Looking forward to another good year!

Looks like an awesome course. Any courses offered closer to the west coast?

Edit: just realized your a local PA company.

Hey sorry...just seeing this. I am not aware of any classes on the west coast. Are those pics of your rigging or something you would like to learn?

Hey sorry...just seeing this. I am not aware of any classes on the west coast. Are those pics of your rigging or something you would like to learn?

No, it was West Philly, right around 69th and Osage. It was a mulberry behind a row home 4 houses in. Good job! Thanks!

New
Just wanted to give a quick shout out to all of the guys we had at the course this year. We had a great group of guys. Everyone was willing to participate, and hopefully everyone walked away feeling like they learned a little something new. Our instructors did a great job, and we wouldn't be able to put this course on without them. And of course we can't forget all of our sponsors who back us year after year. Can't wait for next year!!

Back