david bradley saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firemedic

Reaction score
I'm not much of a collector but i have 2 david bradley's 360s model 917.60003 that i have rebuilt and run but i'm looking for a few parts if anyone can help. Thanks

Here are three David Bradleys. Two were made for Sears. One is a gear drive. One maybe a Mall now that I think about it. Anyway buy one two or all three if you want. They have been sitting but do pop and try to run if you put gas into their throats so the compression and spark is good. E-mail me if interested. Mike

My dad had a Sears DB gear drive from back in the early '60's (he bought it new in '61). What size chain did those things use? Anyone know the HP and displacement of the motor and what ratio the gear reduction was? I remember it was all aluminum and weighed a ton (for me anyway as a kid). How would it do up against today's saws?

No offense to any DB fans, but "heavy-a** lump of metal" comes to mind. I think they had the lowest power to weight ratio of any saw ever made.

Out of all the David Bradley's that I've restored, I really haven't found one that actually cut all that great, big , boxy, loud as all hell....What muffler?... huh? ... I feel bad for the poor guy the had to weild that big ass thing around all day long, and then lug it back to the truck at the end of the day. Gotta love those old saws.:D

Back