Diagram Request - Central Boiler CL6048 to 50 Plate Water HE to Forced Air HE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 157532

Reaction score
Hello all. I apologize in advance if anything of my request is already posted, but many of the images and diagrams I've seen referenced have since expired.

We have installed a used Central Boiler Classic CL6048, ran thermopex into the basement, and want to proceed with connecting everything. We have the following setup:

CL6048 to
50 plate Water 2 Water Heat Exchanger to
Forced Air Heat Exchanger

I am wondering if anyone has a diagram showing all the connections (particularly near the Water Heat Exchanger), as well as how to install an air bleeder, a way to fill the boiler from inside, and a mixing valve? All of CB's documentation seems to be for the Sidearm installations. Most of this info will work but I cannot seem to locate any diagrams pertaining to a Water Plate Heat Exchanger.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Welcome aboard Sir,
I recommend checking this out
Central boiler has a very good video series on there. One of them shows how to fill the boiler from inside the house and how to connect everything. Good luck and hope you like your new stove!

You will likely want a small circulator on the DHW side of that HX to recirc thru your DHW tank. Sidearms work by convection - plates don't do that very good if at all. I think some make do without but then your DHW only heats when the DHW is running. So when the tap isn't running, your DHW tank is losing heat and won't store much when it is running.

Did I read right - is that 50 plate just for DHW? That is huge for that. Mine is only 20 and it makes all kinds of hot water. Doing the recirc thing with a little B&G Ecocirc. The recirc being controlled by a Johnson A419. Recircs thru my 80 gallon electric tank heater. Also should be lots of diagrams around for the mixing valve - pretty simple & common thing. Assuming you mean mixing the hot water coming out of your DHW tank?

Does your boiler have return temp protection? Might not need it depending on how you're set up & how you operate it. But you want to make sure your boiler return water stays above 140.

Sorry to hijack this thread, is their any good write up on what to clean/maintain on the blower - solenoid parts on the classic edge.? I haven’t found much on this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back