dolmar 5100 hiccup

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mini kahuna

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
using my 5100 for the first day I noticed the saw getting progressive leaner with use,it was leaning out on longer cuts so I shut it down.
when I got home I took the carb off,I hate not knowing what is wrong and I wouldn't of slept if I didn't!
disassembled the carb and found the fuel inlet restricted,I blew threw the inlet with the needle out and I heard a little "pop",no more restriction!
saw sounds good again and high rpms are steady and correct,set the tach at 14,000.
I have see carb inlets blocked a thousand times,but never a brand new one.
time will tell:dizzy:

I've seen this on a few pieces of equipment, no saws so far. What can sometimes happen is a piece of fuel line gets peeled away when the hose is pushed onto a barb, fitting etc I've seen these lodge in the weirdest places. Keep a close eye on your mixture settings especially during the run-in period.

last thing you want is a lean saw on the first tank,not good.
the dealer set it up and it ran great for me for about an hour then the fuel problem started.
I guess the lesson is just because the dealer sets it up,still keep your eyes and ears open all the time.

Back