Dolmar 9010 - Stihl 066/MS66 shootout!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Four Paws

Four Paws

Addicted to ArboristSite
Come on, the up-and-comer vs. the vet. Who wants to see it? I do! Although I don't own either of the saws, I wouldn't mind owning them. How about you fellas with stock or muffler modded 066/660s go up against a 9010 and report back to us. I know Top Jimmy has a 9010, and there are a few Dolmar dealers on here that might have a demo 9010 to play with...and EVERYONE (it seems like it, anyway) has a 066/660. I think it would be a FUN and interesting comparison.

5.4 cu. in. vs. 5.6 cu. in.
6.9 bhp vs. 7.0 bhp
18 lbs. vs. 16.5 lbs.

The 2.5 lb difference is the only thing that makes me frown:(

Cut4fun

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
Done did it. Both woods ported. I took 1st he took 2nd at the fair. It was right on my heels though. I like Dolmar too, so I am not one way or the other on this.

Four Paws

Four Paws

Addicted to ArboristSite
Cut4fun said:
Done did it. Both woods ported. I took 1st he took 2nd at the fair. It was right on my heels though. I like Dolmar too, so I am not one way or the other on this.

Same builder? Was it close enough that it was more operator than saw? Would be curious to see how they did stock-fer-stock, and whether the woods port made more of a difference for one or the other.

Thanks for the reply!

Cut4fun

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
I think the Dolmar was the PS 9000 not the newer 9010 and was owned by a Dolmar dealer. It was around 17.5 LBs powerhead only, I think. It was a top notch woods port saw, that ran really well too.

BIGBORE577

BIGBORE577

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have the woods mod 9010, it was done by Dave Neiger. Unfortunately, I don't know any body near by with an 066/MS660.

Cut4fun

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
Same builder ported both saws. It was hot start saws running on the ground, with both hands on wood at word go. So operator could come into play getting to wood and change overs. 3 cuts in 10"x10" cant. I am a rookie and dont no the ins yet but ran good with that saw that day. Bobbled with 2 other classes in cuts. The other guy had to know alot more then me, being the sponser of the event and owner of the shop and doing it year after year. It was my first time there.

Latest posts