DR field an brush mower

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kilo1988

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I recently was given a DR field an brush mower, I don't know much about it except how to run it. Also if this helps it's 11.5 HP 388cc Briggs motor, I think it's like a 2007. Well my problem is the part that's on the axle the makes the tires drive was shattered I imagine I hit a too large branch I just needed help finding a source for preferably aftermarket parts for this. Being that OEM is just out of my price range,
here are pics of mower an broken parts

I recently was given a DR field an brush mower, I don't know much about it except how to run it. Also if this helps it's 11.5 HP 388cc Briggs motor, I think it's like a 2007. Well my problem is the part that's on the axle the makes the tires drive was shattered I imagine I hit a too large branch I just needed help finding a source for preferably aftermarket parts for this. Being that OEM is just out of my price range,
here are pics of mower an broken parts
pics?

I am afraid you are going to have to bite the bullet and buy OEM or pass the machine along. Did you go to the DR website and identify the parts you need?
DR is like Stihl, they are proud of their stuff.
I have a first generation ATM, the grand daddy of your Field and Brush machine.
Not to be ugly, but if the machine was free, why not fix it?

new would be around 1800-4800 so whats a part compared to new? Got it free, fix it once but when something else breaks, hmmm.

How did that happen anyway?

A hidden branch in a field I was clearing musta just been too big really is a bummer because it was just serviced it starts an runs good blade engages properly just don't drive itself anymore

A hidden branch in a field I was clearing musta just been too big really is a bummer because it was just serviced it starts an runs good blade engages properly just don't drive itself anymore

Just so you know, your DR is more a piece of homeowner equipment than it is a pro machine. All DR stuff is. It is a very lightly built machine.

You need to find the cost of repair parts and go from there. Do you need someone to do the research for you? DR (now part of Generac) has illustrated parts lists on their website.
Without a serial number it looks like it is an ATM3, and you need a differential assembly, about $600.00. If the machine was free to me, I would certainly fix it. Providing, of course that the rest of it was in good shape......

130491 might be the part you need providing you have a 54 tooth sprocket. $334 and change. It could go as high as $600 however. It all depends on the serial number of your unit. Find the serial number and check which one you need at the link below. That will let you know the exact cost of the differential needed.
If it were mine, I would fix it regardless. Good luck and keep us posted.
:cool: OT
https://www.drpower.com/pages/conte...TM41931)/Wheel_&_Axle_Assy/AT1Main/11110903/y

Latest posts

Back