Drive tube and cutting head for a Stihl HT70 pole saw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John from Cle Elum

At some point a decision will have to be made.
Reaction score
Hi
I picked up a good Stihl HT 70 pole saw power head. I am trying to find a drive tube and cutting head that will fit it. I know the HT70 or 75 will fit but I am having trouble finding either. I have been checking ebay for a while and posted a "Want to Buy" in chainsaw parts. Does anyone know of other assemblies that will also fit? Possibly from an HT101 or 130? I am just about ready to give up and put the power head on ebay but I need a pole saw.
Thanks for any help.
John

Hi
I picked up a good Stihl HT 70 pole saw power head. I am trying to find a drive tube and cutting head that will fit it. I know the HT70 or 75 will fit but I am having trouble finding either. I have been checking ebay for a while and posted a "Want to Buy" in chainsaw parts. Does anyone know of other assemblies that will also fit? Possibly from an HT101 or 130? I am just about ready to give up and put the power head on ebay but I need a pole saw.
Thanks for any help.
John
I have seen some aftermarket ones on hl supply.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Thanks Ammo
All I could find on the HL supply site was the cutting head. I really need the entire drive tube and cutting head. I was hoping to find one with a fried power head. It seems like the motors may outlast the drive tubes.

I have never seen that model. From looking at the ipl, it looks like just any old trimmer shaft/tube assy. It doesn't telescope out, or does it?
If so, just buy an old fs90 shaft/tube assy.

There is an HT70 and an HT75. The only difference is 75 has the telescoping handle which would be nice, but I can find happiness with either. I will check some of the brush cutters and see if have the same part number. Problem is the parts may have different numbers they may be identical fit and function. Just a little shorter, longer or have different markings. But if I can get the drive tube the cutterhead is easy to find.

Back