Duct work insulation?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaunbagone

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Im running a Daka furnace in my garage and plumbed into the plentum of my house furnace. Is about a 20 ft. run with 2 8" ducts. Once inside the house I have insulated flex duct. In the garage about 5ft. of exposed 8" duct. Think its worth is to insulate the ducts? Is there some kind of insulating wrap that will be ok with the duct temp? First year running it and so far only used about 6% of the LP tank but we were gone 3 days to the hospital when my son was born, so no fire. Working good just looking for improvements.

If the garage is unheated except for the woodburner, I would say absolutely. Regular insulation would work, it is fire retardant. I would leave at least a foot between the top of the woodburner and the start of the insulation. Just wrap the pipe and tape. The more heat you can get to the plenum, the better. Plus what you are leaching of the pipe won't be missed in the garage with the Daka radiating heat.

Matt

Latest posts

Back