Earwigs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sudo Tsuga

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if an earwig can pinch with it's "pinchers"? I havn't wanted to test it.

I think it's an ovipositor for getting under bark.

I'm beginnig to think this infestation is somewaht benificial. I've scribed some wounds and found the decayed material eaten away. They were areas with mechanical cnacers where mowers have been hitting for around five years. At least thats the layers of reinjury that I can count.

they are full of protean and very tasty:) especially when fried. sorry couldnt resist that one. anyway i have been known to eat an occasional wood grub. Natural insect control. think about it :) john

It's funny how much bigger they feel when they are swimming around in your mouth. I would have swore that was at least a four inch earwig:eek:

Earlier this summer I woke to find my right middle finger throbing,with a good deal of pain and a perfect round hole atop my first joint.Lots of swelling.It looked infected.But overnight? Turns out it was a bad dude of a spider.May or may not have been a Brown Recluse,the doc didn't seem to know much about any of it.I've been bit by many crazy critters from a five foot alligator,been through two rabies treatments(coons),back to a E.Diamondback that was close to five feet and the spider that I never knew hit me hurt me the worse.So watchout out there.

Back