Experienced/qualified climbers needed in Australia

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, we have some interest in our toxicity. I found this web site, it will get you to everything you want to know about it.

http://www.pharmacology.unimelb.edu.au/avruweb/creatable.html

Yes, the funnel web is extremely venomous, but I'm not in Sydney so never run into them. :)

Whether you go by land, sea and perhaps air; we probably have the worlds deadliest everything. :Eye:

I bumped into a mate today out quoting and he goes "did ya missus give ya that hicky on ya neck or what"? Na mate, that's where some stink bug pissed on me and burned the skin off. You see, they get caught between your collar and neck, think "oh heck" and defend themselves by pissing acid on ya. :angry:

We got these bastard green ants that give you a nasty bite. One crawled up my leg to the top of my thigh, got scared and thought "oh heck" and bit the living ???? out of me ... fair dinkum I dropped me dacks in the middle of the road and killed the bastard, I had itchy swelling the size of a football for 2 weeks. I was lucky though, he could have gone a little higher!! :rolleyes:

It's not a job ... it's an adventure.

ozzzzzzzz

worked there for a year best time of my life .. i personally would still be there but i got family here ....... any tree climber get a chance i highly reccomend get yer spurs to oz

Ekka said:
Whether you go by land, sea and perhaps air; we probably have the worlds deadliest everything. :Eye:

It's not a job ... it's an adventure.

Maybe I should stop complaining about working in the cold for three months here in the northeast. The only pest hazards faced here are white faced hornets, nests are rare, and poison ivy, not so rare but I'm not allergic.

Fred

I'd come for the winter, but that's your summer and I'm a northerner with scandahoovian blood. Like most norther latitude species I wilt in high heat and humidity.

ekka, , i luv the idea of shipping to oz, not so sure about the wildlife tho, is it the same in wa my wife has family just south of perth, they think i should get shed loads of work out there,

Don't know about WA, it's very far and somewhat isolated. To get to the Eastern side of Australia it's about 4500kms, 50 hours non stop driving or 5.5hrs by plane! A lot of it is desert.

From climbers I've had they say it's sandy, windy all the time and a mediterannian style of weather ... hot dry summers, cold wet winters. He said they used to cut down a lot of Washingtonia fan palms.

So if you cant get work there it a long haul to anywhere else. I've just done an on line search for jobs and nothing came up in WA. But there were vacancies in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne.

there lots of work for climbers in west australia,its hard to comprehend how isolated you are there.

a_lopa said:
there lots of work for climbers in west australia,its hard to comprehend how isolated you are there.

ta v much lads the wife`s relatives are at a place called mandurah, south of perth :cool: as for the weather, here in the uk wet , cold, grey n miserable, typical bank holiday weekend, the right time to dream of a warmer place if only !!

Back