Feedback please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dinahuej

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm hot and heavy into the install now. Got my thermopex and am lighter 1k but hopefully it pays off in less wood :thumbup:..Here is the question please let me have it - I need your opinions:

1 story rancher with crawl - have my boiler lines in and connected to my 1" copper trunk in the crawl - now I'm using a plate exchanger on the demand domestic hot water first and then on two two water to air exchangers. Is there any good reason to bring the plate exchanger up into the washroom with the water tank? Can I just plumb everything in the crawl? If the answer is yes I have go up and then back down to catch the water to air exchangers in the ducks (I plan to pull them in the summer when calling for air restriction and freezing) Thoughts?

Thanks a ton,

Jamie

PS for bleeding air from the system - I thought to extend a air bleeder off of a T to the plate exchanger above the water heater. One line this wasu up thru the floor not elbows valves and all.

I'm hot and heavy into the install now. Got my thermopex and am lighter 1k but hopefully it pays off in less wood :thumbup:..Here is the question please let me have it - I need your opinions:

1 story rancher with crawl - have my boiler lines in and connected to my 1" copper trunk in the crawl - now I'm using a plate exchanger on the demand domestic hot water first and then on two two water to air exchangers. Is there any good reason to bring the plate exchanger up into the washroom with the water tank? Can I just plumb everything in the crawl? If the answer is yes I have go up and then back down to catch the water to air exchangers in the ducks (I plan to pull them in the summer when calling for air restriction and freezing) Thoughts?

Thanks a ton,

Jamie

PS for bleeding air from the system - I thought to extend a air bleeder off of a T to the plate exchanger above the water heater. One line this wasu up thru the floor not elbows valves and all.

like the bleeder idea, sounds like a good thought out plan

I don't see why you can't leave it all in the crawl space provided you don't think it will ever get below freezing down there.
You could always wrap with fiberglass insulation or build a small box out of high R to insulate the HX.
I'm not sure how the bleeder would work, is this an open system at the burner? if so that would be the highest point to bleed off, if the bleeder is just for the domestic, I'm not sure you would need it, just open the hot water faucet.
What size is that unit? it looks huge for a simple ranch.

Thanks guys...

Dave,

Yes it's a non pressurized boiler and the furnace will be the highest point. I thought I read that an air purge valve is a good thing after the plate exchanger? I have a "maid of the mist" I was going to run up on top of my boiler loop after the DHW exchanger (I'm adding a fill valve in the wash room in any case) I was not planning on a purge valve on the domestic loop - I agree - open the faucet.

My unit is a American Royal 7300 and is going to heat a 3400 square foot ranch and the pool spring and fall. I'm waiting on heating the shop till I nail the house setup.

Thanks again,

Jamie

Latest posts

Back