First real full port job, Craftsman/Poulan 3.7

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

echoshawn

....Beer is good.....
Reaction score
Trying to post this again and see if my video will show up.

I really opened up the intake and exhaust on this, removed base gasket, didn't really raise ports other than to compensate for gasket removal.

MM was just the slit in the side I saw described in another thread for this saw.. Still need some fine tuning, but really sounds nice and revs hard.. Can't wait to dig into a log with it and see how it pulls.

Compression still in the 145/150 range, not spectacular, but I'll take it.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E_d8dnvZ-UA?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If embed isn't working again, try the link I guess..

Craftsman/Poulan 3.7 after MM/mild port first run. - YouTube

Any other tips/tricks on this saw?

Sorry for the mess in the background.. been grinding and generally making a mess all weekend.. need to clean up now I guess... and onto the next project... :D

Thinking the 702 needs some work done... or maybe the quake...

The 655, well, I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to grind on it yet...

Last edited:
Hellya! WTG, man! Sounding bad!

Tips n tricks,,make sure you got plenty 0 trees lined up, so you dont run out too quick!

cool!!! I have a red 3.7 getting ported very soon and 3400 in green getting some more of that treatment :msp_biggrin:

cool!!! I have a red 3.7 getting ported very soon and 3400 in green getting some more of that treatment :msp_biggrin:

Was my first attempt at a 'real' port job.. I should've taken pics, but I was scared because I've seen the beauty that is Randy's porting and polishing, and mine only was similar in that the ports were bigger when I was done... Having better tools will help some I'm sure, but I'm not even amateur status yet... Just been lucky that they run after putting them back together!
Off idle is still not right, but getting better. Really seems to shine once it comes up on the revs. Gotta go bury the bar in something solid, maybe tomorrow, and see how it performs...

Sounds good in the video. Now you need to let us know how it does in wood with a 20" bar buried. Nice job.

Won't be anyone to video me this time, but I'll take it out to my test log that there are videos of for a comparison. 20" green pine... not the hardest test, but best I have at the moment...

Back