Fiskar vs Stihl PP900 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fs5qc

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi,

I need an recommendation for an pole saw/pruner.

For now I am looking for the Fiskar one or the Stihl PP900.

I don’t have an big bud because is not something that I will use a lot.

I was look online but I am only seeing really cheap one that can be ship to Canada.

Because I just about fell off the back of my pick up, standing on a bucket, trying to one hand a chainsaw, I just bought a Stihl PP900 with a lopper attachment. Looking forward to using it.

Used my PP900 today, for the first time. It works great! The saw is super sharp and walks right through smaller limbs. I did use the lopper and it is sharp and easy to pull through stuff up to one inch. The saw walked through a 6 inch alder, no problem. I didn't use the extension on this job. I'm happy with my purchase.

Just wondering if anyone has compared the stihl pp900 to Jameson? I am trying to figure out at what price point the quality really drops off... If stihl has floppy poles or doesn't last then I'll spend the extra $50 for the basic Jameson set, but I've heard the Marvin heads are better yet... but now we're at 400 ish insted of 225. Is anyone using the Stihl kit for professional use?

Update, if anyone read my last question there I got off my wallet and bought a Fred Marvin Bull prunner and Jameson poles as well as Jameson saw head. Love them, although I don't think the yellow Jameson poles are as good as I thought the old ones were...

Latest posts

Back