• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For husqvarna pls

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToniOfRomania

Reaction score
Hello everyone, can you explain to me the meaning of husqvarna xp, xpg, xpw,,oe, oem, carburetor heating, x-torq, and the rest that are there

Hello everyone, can you explain to me the meaning of husqvarna xp, xpg, xpw,,oe, oem, carburetor heating, x-torq, and the rest that are there

XP = top of the range professional saw (eXtra Power)

XPG = top of the range professional saw with heated handles and winter features

XPW = top of the range professional saw with a full wrap handle

OE = original equipment = not X-Torq

OEM = original equipment manufacturer

Carb heating = electric heating of the carb intake to prevent icing in cold temperatures

X-Torq = strato saw = stratified scavenging = clean air purges the exhaust gases, instead of fuel mix

XP = top of the range professional saw (eXtra Power)

XPG = top of the range professional saw with heated handles and winter features

XPW = top of the range professional saw with a full wrap handle

OE = original equipment = not X-Torq

OEM = original equipment manufacturer

Carb heating = electric heating of the carb intake to prevent icing in cold temperatures

X-Torq = strato saw = stratified scavenging = clean air purges the exhaust gases, instead of fuel mix

One correction,

OE, is commonly used to abbreviate “Original Edition”

NE, would be “New Edition”

The 346XP, is a model that has two versions, and OE and NE are typically used to differentiate between the two

I don’t know that Husqvarna ever used the terms, Husqvarna has used “Mark II” to denote updated versions of some saws such as the 550XP, I believe that the “MarkII” moniker has been used with other Husky models as well, but the 550XP, is the one that I am more familiar with

Doug 😎

Latest posts

Back