Full chisel chain reshape to semi chisel ripping chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
agree with ironman, the chrome plating does the work, removing it is what happens to a chain when its gone dull.
would have been better to convert to rip chain angles and/or use granberg style with the chisel chain you have without chamfering the side and top plate points-probably would have barley noticed a difference- imo

Dumb thought.....

Considering a chisel and semi chisel cutter are each designed differently the whole way along the edge(s), how well/easily will it take a second filing as semi-chisel compared to filing it as one or the other normally?

It seems like the tooth always will have a propensity to be set as a chisel, regardless of how you file it.

Further, will it actually cut true to semi-chisel? Or will it have aspects of both teeth?

Am I overthinking this?

Rough surface. I made a bench with a milled fir and done with an H47 chain. Lots and lots of hand planeing and sanding.

What about square chisel? What is the speed in the cut vs smoothness of product. I’m looking at milling some lumber for building pallet racking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back