• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Granberg Alaskan Mill MKIII (36"?)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn Curry

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I currently have a 24" Granberg mill, and I also have a 48" rail set and a few extra parts if I want to configure it that size. This has been working out great and I can handle just about any size log I'm likely to run into.

Now that I have a couple of milling saws, there have been a few occasions where it would have been nice to have both mills set up at the same time. But I only have the one set of depth adjustment posts, since I only bought the 48" rails and not the entire mill.

I thought I'd check here first to see if anyone has a mill they want to get rid of. I really just need the posts, so the length of the mill isn't all that important to me - but a 36" or possibly a 60" is what I'd prefer.

Thanks!
-Shawn.

FYI, it looks like a set of posts and matching clamp brackets is a bit over $100 new, as spare parts.

https://www.shforestrysupplies.com/advancedwebpage.aspx?cg=2995&cd=5&GridPage=1&filter2=

I thought about going that road too but my mental math had it looking more expensive that it was. I've ordered from them before and they're in NY so it gets here fast - in fact I could probably have it by this weekend if I order today, and I'll even get free shipping. I think I will do that.

Thanks for steering me in the right direction!

Back