Great learning experience

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihlcuts

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I am an electrician. ive been in electrical for about nine years, and i am very good at it and i enjoy it. However, i mostly run a crew now and dont get to work with my tools on as much as i used to. So about a year ago i started doing tree work on the weekends with a buddy who has been doin it for a few years. I started buying gear and saws and began learning how to climb. It was a great challenge and kept me in shape. The problem is we live in a small community and we were inundated with jobs that we didnt feel confident doing. The last couple months we have been refering about half the jobs to other companies. So i decided it was time for some lessons from the pros. I am in between electrical projects so i am working for a friends tree company for a bit. I started last week and i have already learned a lot of things i was doing wrong. Its been a great experience so far and i cant wait to learn more from their lead climber. Nothing beats leaning from the guys that do it everyday.

learning

Yes, nothing beats learning from the pros! The more ya work with different crews\companys. The more ya learn! You can skip the slow learn it yourself program by watching others. Climb on..

Back