Guy with 30 cords in our local paper...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slick

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Local newspaper has a picture of a guy standing ontop of 30 cords of cut firewood today...says he started in september and just finished, just a quick picture with a caption saying how he loves being in the woods and cutting wood, would be in the woods on the weekends for 10 hours a day etc...kind of nice...but what caught me was he's ontop of the wood holding what appears to be a Poulan Wild Thing or very similar :jawdrop: I give him even more credit if he cut 30 cords since september with that saw :)

Heh, Poulan Wild Thing my first saw, bad clutch cover atm - but I managed to get 9 cords before I had any issues. Going to teach the wife how to use a chainsaw, she is going to start with the Wild Hhing before she goes near my Stihl MS310.

Aint a bad beginner saw :)

Tes

Yes split and stacked extremely neatly...all 30 cords next to each other in bascially a square. I'm not bashing poulan...my first saw was a poulan wood shark, still have it but to cut 30 cords in 2 months with it....like I said, I give the guy credit :)

Last edited:
yep that's the paper, scott did you see it? Look at that link...page 10, upper left hand corner is the picture. It's a tiny thumbnail, hard to see much but it's like 10 or 11 rows...the guy is the bluish blob in the middle, he's standing on the pile...hard to make out the wild thing but he's holding it:)

10.jpg

yep, I saw it. Felt like killing the guy. Somewhere he cut down trees that i could have had. At least that is how I felt for a second or two. :) Now that's a nice score.

Slick, thanks for sharing that. Yep, decent stack of wood there. Would have been a good one to guess about if we didn't alredy know how much was there.

My sister had a poulan in the early 80's (I was @ 13 ) I put the saw on a piece of wood and kept pullen, and pullen, and pullen again.

Latest posts

Back