HD KITA arrives at A R E A 51

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHEVYTOWN13

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Finally!!!

photo-1.jpg

I got a shot at an HD Kita and didn't look back. It's in decent shape. I plan on an OEM 7900 cylinder kit and porting traditional finger ports on this saw. At first I thought maybe there wasn't not enough meat on the cylinder in that area. But there just might be for a try.

That's eventually booting the 365 Special to the trading post. I plan to port the original cylinder with a traditional woods port along with a new piston and see if it sells here at the post. But I need to play with it first. Particularly with the jug I just ported.

I might try a piped 6401 before I switch to the 7900 powerplant. That wood be trick.

Holy Takita's

What are You going to do for a muffler on the 7900? are You going to pipe it or just a MOD Job. I am looking forward to see how this one turns out.

Thanks for sharing and all the GREAT pics:cheers:

You're welcome brother.

What are You going to do for a muffler on the 7900? are You going to pipe it or just a MOD Job. I am looking forward to see how this one turns out.

Thanks for sharing and all the GREAT pics:cheers:

Both. But I need to port the fingers first. It's a must for me now. I'm jonesing real bad for finger ports on a 7900 cylinder.

Then a pipe. But I'd like a crack on a piped 6401 first.

Nice, Should make another neat project. Can't wait on the awesome vids for sure.

SS, I'm looking forward to running them. Particularly the 365. I want to see if it runs as good as the 5100 with more area in the transfers.

I'll try my best to get some vids as soon as I can.

Very nice - looks to be in good shape. I've been using mine stock, but hope to convert it to 7900 this year. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.:clap:

Both. But I need to port the fingers first. It's a must for me now. I'm jonesing real bad for finger ports on a 7900 cylinder.

Then a pipe. But I'd like a crack on a piped 6401 first.

Whee! Sounds like CAD has taken over for sure! Do you ever show project pics to the kids at school? I have occasionally done that if I get a country boy into the facility. The little "playahs" think it's kind of silly to be into saws. Good luck on the project! :clap:

I used to like candy

Mike, 3 were for sale, and this one was in the best shape. Very minimal dings and did not have any spare parts in the form of two different sized bar nuts for example. I saw one 6401 that was patched together with different bolts than what came from the factory:dizzy: They are great saws. And I can see that compared to stock, my modded 6401 picked up the pace some.

LOL! Yeah, some of the kids call me lumberjack:greenchainsaw:

I showed them this video telling them I was doing this for fun and when I looked back at them after the vid was over, there were a lot of stunned faces and a few smiles this wide:clap:

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid701.photobucket.com/albums/ww11/CHEVYTOWN/VIDS/3inchbaffle.flv">

Was that piped saw a 5100? Did it seize there on the last cut?

that 5100 rocks.

:clap::cheers:

No, I stopped it intentionally to see what the fuel delivery was like at that moment early in the cut via the plug.

Here is the same log the day after running a 3/8 8 pin rim this time. Felt awesome and the revs held tight and high. And this pin is freaking built like a tank. No porting of any kind to reduce weight.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid701.photobucket.com/albums/ww11/CHEVYTOWN/VIDS/88pinCanyonOakSquarechisel.flv">

Back