Heatmor Wiring Lay-out

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurch16th

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I just finished the plumbing and wiring on a Heatmor 200.

My system is as follows;

When thermosat to old in-house woodburner was turned up, it triggered power to lower draft door , which simply opened. When fire kicked in, then duct blower and house was warm enough, draft door shut.

Old wood burner in basement removed from under air plenum and replaced with full length air shaft and water/Air HX. Thermostat controls re-situated still using air blower in plenum. I have no zone valves. Hot supply goes to sidearm first then Heat x in plenum next, in series.

The Heatmor came with a 12-3 wire from the bolier to the house. But the Red wire in that run, supposedly is to send power Back to the house for an alarm, or turn on the blower to dissipate in case of boil-over. The Redf wire does not come into the house and get connected directly to a breaker.

The Heatmor uses 110v not 220v, so it uses a single pole breaker.

I was thinking of running it all year, to heat hot water and possibly a pool, bypassing my heatx & blower. So in that case, the in-house thermostat would be off for the summer. I can see where i may need an automatic valve to allow the HeatX to dissipate heat in summer, since the Heatx would normallyu be bypassed.

With that in mind;

Now, when my house thermostat asks for heat, where is the power supposed to go, to the pump(in-house), to the draft blower in the Heatmor?

Is there supposed to be a constant power supply to the outdoor furnace, whether there is a fire in it or not, ie to power the outlet and outdoor furnace light?

If the only source of power to the furnace is turned on and off soley by the in-house thermostat, how can a constant source of power be provided to the furnace?

The owb should have constant power, it has an aquastat which will control the draft blower. The pump normally runs 24/7. The house thermostat only controls the blower for your ductwork. That is typically how it is done.

Latest posts

Back