Help the ignorant: engine differences between Pioneer p39-p42-farmsaw I & II-pp405 etc-ad infinitum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Etinarcadiaego

Reaction score
Hello all! A pleasure to finally get an account here. I tell you, this lovely site and acresinternet have been saving my dad and I saw mechanical woes since the 2000s. Lately, a massive thanks to pioneerguy600 and droppedp51 in particular as I have gone down the pioneer rabbithole and have needed much wisdom rebuilding carcasses. Anyway, could any Pioneer guru learn us (me) on what the differences between all the 65-66cc p-series incarnations are? I am not asking about the obvious things like auto-decomp recoils and cosmetics but rather about the porting/timing/revs/modules that actually make work. I know the p39 and farmsaws used the oft-baked prestolite coils but was that the only difference? No difference in cylinders? Timing? Detuned carburetors? Advance thanks and in return for your wisdom I exchange my humble discovery: old style stihl 026-034 gas caps work on p-series saws with a vent installed. Appreciated.

Back