Help wiring an Add-on Wood Furnace to my Central Furnace

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYWINTER

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum and am hoping someone can give me some direction. I just installed a US Stove Add-on wood furnace (model 1537G) next to my High-Eff LP Gas Furnace. In order to boost my air flow, I want to wire my LP Furnace Blower so that it turns on when the Wood blowers turn on. The furnaces are each on their own circuit right now. I think I need a 120V relay on the "out" side of the Wood furnace thermodisc that will turn on the LP blower. What & where do I connect on my LP Furnace though? It's possible that both furnaces could be running at the same time. Has anyone done this? A diagram would be helpful:) .

You will be working with the low voltage control circuit on your LP furnace. Safer too.

I called a supply house, and they set me up, diagram, wire colors, the whole deal. You might have the same luck if you call around your area. Walk in with some donuts in the morning and you'll be their friend for an hour.

Back