help with new tree growth from removed tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
junxtaposition

junxtaposition

i had a cherry blossom tree cut down in my yard, the stump was ground up, however, now i have literally hundreds of little trees growing all around the yard, no doubt wherever the roots are under my yard..and there must be MANY !! what can i do???

treeseer

treeseer

Advocatus Pro Arbora
The tree is wreaking revenge upon you for killing it, you beast!:chainsaw:

Yeah Elmore's talking about an herbicide that does not kill grass

smokechase II

smokechase II

Addicted to ArboristSite
ditto on Maas advice

Just repeat the mowing. Gradually the new shoots will reduce in number and give up. The nutrients are still there in the ground, but with no photosynthesis taking place, time to bag it for the tree.

Fumbler

Fumbler

ArboristSite Operative
junxtaposition said:
i know this sounds dumb...but to what??? they ground the stump and buried it.....apply it to the hundreds of trees that are growing???? or can i just spray the yard??
Apply it to the sprouts!!!...or, if you want, you can spray the whole yard with a selective herbicide!!!

2,4-d kills broadleaf plants but not grasses (sells as "weed-b-gone" or other generics in stores). If there are truely hundreds of sprouts then you could spray a bunch without worrying about your grass. Just follow the label.

Like other said, mowing also works. You'll eventually deplete the root's stored energy.

What's with the multiple punctuation marks?

Latest posts