High flow skid steer splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most folks I've talked to say don't bother to make a skid steer high flow, sell it and buy a high flow machine, much cheaper and alot less headache.

Does your machine have a tach? I've never been in a Bobcat that did.
Yes it has a digital tach on the display pannel. 30k to trade and 3k to upgrade on like new 2006 machine. I did most of the work except programming. Thanks epa.

Yeah, they've said it's about a 10k job having someone do it, where a person can buy a ~10 year machine for 20-30k.

Mine is normal flow. I just have a bucket and grapple for it though.

I dunno what is considered high hours for a skid steer, but I normally figure in the area of 15-20,000hrs equipment is pretty well used. My S250 has about 3500hrs (2003). The TR270 has about 600 (2014)

Both my 2006 and 2008 have about 950 hrs now. Normally they get about 100 to 150 hours per year. The one I use for splitting is now getting more hours because it is faster at splitting. I normally only split when the weather is bad. Snow and rainy days. Just sit in the cab and either turn up the heat or turn on the air conditioning.

Picture from last December.

a44030ad20b47fb0301a1ed7cd588519.jpg

Latest posts

Back