Homebuilt Fireplace Insert

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
make me one!!!!!!!

all kidding aside....i'm impressed.

where did the glass doors come from? do you know who made them?

Last edited:
air accelerating upon closing of door is what you want.

to prevent inside air/heat from going up chimney. ash dump has been converted to main fresh air intake.

after insert gets up to temps, note how much smoke comes out of chimney. if insert is burning very clean... you should see almost no smoke coming out during full operation. my chimney has little to no creosote buildup after two seasons of use for 100% heating of a 2500 sf single level home.

next up is adding a secondary burn system. newer epa stoves are more efficient by using a secondary burn system.

was getting ready to fab my own JUCA copy... out of frustration of not being able to get one for 3+ years. When JUCA finally agreed to make me one.

evidently several folks have successfully built JUCA copies. mostly due to non availability of JUCA units. basic constructions plans/information are posted on JUCA's site.

My ultimate build would be a wood gasification stove, but made for a fireplace. That would be the cat's meow.

I did get a go ahead from JUCA after the first few times I had contact with them, but I ended up wanting to keep the viewing area and the challenge. It has been a very satisfying goal.

I would never claim to have a JUCA copy, only a JUCA pattern. I'm honored to have even had communication with Carl, they have a great sense of knowledge in what they are doing there.

I did send him the pictures of what I had built shortly after it was installed, but never received any comment in return.

make me one!!!!!!!

all kidding aside....i'm impressed.

where did the glass doors come from? do you know who made them?

I appreciate the kind words. lol

We bought this house a couple of years ago and the fireplace screen was already here. I have no idea who made it or where it came from. It fit the fireplace perfectly, so I hated not to be able to use it.

Actually, I am thinking of building a few on the side if I have enough interest. I really enjoyed building this one. I have a machine shop, so all of the machinery needed are available.

Latest posts

Back