homelite 955 carb kit?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krautcan

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just picked a homelite 955 at an auction for $20.00. needs a carb kit badly,gas is just dumping out the throttle plates when it sits.anyone know if the 925 will fit the 955? also, the only carb i have ever rebuilt was on my homelite weedeater, are there any tricks or surprises i should know about?
any input would be greatly appreciated.

What is the make of the carb? A kit should be readily available, but the carb must first be identified.

carb id

its a tillotson. there were no other markings. from looking on the tillotson web site, it could only be a hs series by the cc options and pics.

carb kit

thanks for the part#, Edge and Engine.
Ill try to get the carb rebuilt by sunday.
cant wait to see what his saw can do
compared to my xl12!

To answer the other part of your question, yes, a 925 carb will generally fit a 955. As far as I recall, all the 900 series carbs are very similar. One of my 955's came with a carb with short jet screws that didn't make it all the way out of the carb chamber. Otherwise that carb was no different, just had short jet screws. My hunch is it came from another saw with a different carb chamber. I had an extra carb laying around ready to go so I swapped it out and went on my way.

homelite carb kit letdown

finished installing the carb kit on the 955 homelite, set the lo and high to 1 turn out, pulled the cord three times and she fired. reved her up and she got to cutting rpm and held, which she never did before. wouldn't idle, but i figured It be worked out in the tuning the next morning.(tenderloin steaks on the grill)
the next day,she would rev up, but not idle. i played with the low, and lost the high rpm and couldn't get it back. got low on gas so i filled it to about 7/8. it flooded, couldn't get it to start. then it started leaking like the hoover dam again until i had and inch of gas in the carb chamber. dumped out the gas, and it still kept coming without even trying to pull the cord, and keep it level. when i looked closed it seamed like it was from the side of the carb by the shaft the choke plate rides on.

the carb kit (rk23hs) i installed came with a needle seat that was metal. the one i pulled was hard rubber???? i made sure they were replaced properly against the accelerator pump diaphram. i changed all gaskets and diaphrams the way they were pulled out, but the carb had been dissasembled before, i could tell the the stripped flathead screws on the top and bottom.

any ideas why my chainsaw likes to puke out gas???????

is it too much pressure in the tank when its close to full????

is the carb ready to become a paper weight???

i am slowly becoming addicted to old homelite saws
but this is a real buzz kill.
any help or suggestions would be greatly apreciated.

:confused: :confused: :chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back