Homelite XL Chainsaw problem--

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LH335

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi all--

I have a Homelite XL chainsaw I use for cutting firewood and it has worked good till this year. Problem- when I accelerate during running without cutting it runs out fine....when I start cutting it runs and all of a sudden seems to lug down and quit. I then put a carbureter (zama) diagram kit on making sure everthing was clean and replaced in the correct order. I checked the fuel filter Gumout cleaned it and blew it out. Checked the hoses. I adjusted the mixture screw and idle screw (with the limiter caps) but did not help. Now it still acts the same way!!!

Any help appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Do you have the small XL, or a XL-12 or super XL ??

Where are you located ?? I might be able to help, or take a look at it for you.

Mike

Im betting its the small one.

Im having the same troubles with an XL2 and I think the smaller passages in the carb are blocked.

Did you spray everything out real good with carb cleanre while it was apart?

Thats what Ill be doing tomorrow......

xl

lh' i am about 30 minutes from st louis. if you want i can take a look and probably get her goin for ya.

Homelite XL.....

Thanks to your suggestions!!!:cheers: I tried to get by with just replacing the pump diaghram, but I believe I need to blow out the carb. I was going to just soak everything in carb cleaner till I saw th plastic limiter caps. I guess I will spray cleaner in and blow air thru all th small ports. I took ou the little need le valve/ spring (tiny) and pin. Don't want to lose those!! I will have fun getting those things back together......It will be a few days till I need to get back outside since the weather here is going to turn snowy....

Back