• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Honda GX 240 threaded shaft engine, brand new $225+shpg

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fearofpavement

Trying them all
Reaction score
In my continuing effort to make room in my shop I have decided to sell a new Honda GX240 engine. This engine has never had fuel or oil in it. I purchased two and used one for a log splitter.
This engine has a threaded shaft on the output shaft (1"x 14) RH threads. The engine number is GCATT-1002435 PA2X
It's 242cc
Threaded shaft engines are typically used on water pumps and other similar equipment. The threads are straight, not tapered. There is no keyway.

See pics for data, also dimensions can be found on the internet for bolt spacing, shaft height, etc...
Price is $225 plus shipping from 30206 (Georgia)
Do some comparison shopping, eh?

Looks like a great deal.
I am not familiar with the threaded shaft applications ?
Is there any problems or tricks to using it with standard 2 stage log splitter pumps ?
Is that in the 8hp range ?
You would have to figure out a way to fit a Lovejoy coupler on it for most splitter applications. I think a coupler end could be drilled and tapped and then just screwed on the shaft. Another option would be to grind in a keyway. If someone can use this on a pump or other piece of equipment, that would be ideal.
As far as hp, I'm not sure but what I've seen online indicates about 8hp.

Latest posts

Back