Hot Echo cs5000

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoTurboVolvos

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Staring at my wifes cans here in Tacoma, WA
Newbie here...I recently got a new wood stove for the home and am stocking up close to five cords for next years heat. I've had this Echo cs5000(20" bar)for @10yrs now and has always worked like stallion for me. I'd rather keep this one than buy a new saw. What mods to this saw can I do to make it wake-up a bit? Any input is appreciated.
Ron

Opening the muffler somewhat may be the popular answer, but it is most effective on the newer EPA-restricted saws. I don't know about your Echo.

Have you done anything exiting to the engines of your Volvos?
I have a slightly newer one, a 945 Turbo Plus from 1994. Lots of wood have been transported in the rear of that one - no back seats to take up space !:cheers:

my advice ,since u really know and like your saw now ,is not to do anything but keep the chain sharp. knowing a saw well ,it almost becomes an exstention of your arm. i wouldnt mess up a good thing. jmo

I have a echo Cs 5500 That I bought from this site. It was a good saw from the get go. Very reliable saw. I opened the muffler and widened the intake and exaust alittle. Runs abit faster, and alot louder. I just like to tinker though so I didnt do anything major. jason

Back