HotBlast 1400 Overheat

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jkirk3279

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi.

I came in to our business today, and noticed that although there was wood in the HotBlast the blowers weren't running. I added some wood, and the flue thermometer got to 500F, but still no blowers.

Now, the combustion blower WAS running. And the temp crept upward on the flue, but no room blowers.

Eventually the Overheat setting tripped.

So I started looking. I just added the combustion blower before Christmas, so I have a vivid memory of the wiring.

Everything was fine, no short, no melted wiring. I unplugged the main power and started checking in the stove thermostat for a thermal reset button.

I inserted a probe into what looked like a test port and got a "click".

And immediately the thermostat dial loosened up.

Hmm.

I plugged the stove back in and everything started working.

I stood back and noticed the red paint on the side of the HotBlast was scorched.

Hmm.

I THINK that maybe the stove was left to run wide open instead of being closed down for the night. And it got down into the 20F range.

If someone over-packed the stove, and the wind picked up, with everything wide open... it could have tripped the Overheat shutdown.

I suspect I should replace the Thermostat.

Anybody seen this happen?

Back