How 'bout an old Land Rover?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah very nice. I bet it pulls pretty hard. So, SIII wings on an SIIA huh? ALthough, with all that running gear it's hardly an SIIA anymore. You keep the original dash? What about the transfer case?

Yeah, it pulls pretty good with that engine. It's 125hp and though not a race car, it's pretty good in this truck. It started out as a NADA 2.6 petrol truck. Not too much Lucas electrics in it any longer.

What I started with:

2.jpg

Benz OM617 turbo, Ford version NP435, Ashcroft high-ratio T-case:

together3.jpg

Series housings with Toyota 4.88 electric lockers and 30-spline axles:

diff5.jpg

What the dash looks like:

body18.jpg

Welcome to AS
Im guessing your under 5'8 if you can drive a landie in comfort(I use the word comfort in as comfy as a bed of nails) lol
I must say the Land Rover is the most un-ergonomic 4x4 ever but they will go places no other 4x4 will look at(apart from a Suzuki SJ)
Have you ever sat in a Santana? the driving position is spot on! Shame about the leaf springs Grr
Im not a fan of the landie im afraid. But i can see their appeal.
If they would just make the darn thing so your knees were not around your neck and move the steering wheel and controls a little to the left and upgraded the lights and heater they would be on a winner.

I sent the guy that posted the pic some rep and asked was the landi parked or broken down, Im still waiting for a reply lol

Believe it or not Im 6' 5" and dont find it too bad!!
Have sat in a santana but there arnt many over here.

H

just passed on two super rare 1965 Nissan Patrols. one running with rough body, one clean body with motor in pieces. perfect to combine into on clean Nissan Patrol. He only wanted $1,250 for both.

would have purchased them except... flat out of room. too many projects going already. they are long gone by now.

Back