How do I install McCulloch connecting rod bearings?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How to re-install connecting rod bearings?

• Step by step directions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • where to find piston for McCulloch 740 chainsaw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Danny Newman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I recently dismantled a McCulloch 740 engine. Upon removing the connecting rod, several roller bearings fell out around the crankshaft connecting rod end. Are these bearings supposed to be encased in something to keep them together? Nothing else was found inside the engine block. I could use some instruction on how to re-install these bearings, if they have to be re-inserted one -by-one.
One other question; the top piston ring was broken, and there is a small chip on the top edge of the piston. I could not find any trace of the broken ring piece. I dont know if I can use this piston with the small chip on the top edge . I am buying a new set of rings, but I simply cannot find a piston set for the 740 engine, which would include the piston, wrist pin , and rings. I can buy the rings without trouble, but cannot find a new piston and wrist pin. I have looked on Flea Bay with multiple searches, no success. Someone suggested contacting Bob Johnson for the rings. I am going to call him, and also ask about the piston.

Latest posts

Back