Husky 250 ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amateur cutter

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Saw this posted on CL, & have to confess my ignorance of the Husky line. How much saw is a 250, & is this a deal or not? Thanks guys. A C

chain saw - $150 (GR)

Date: 2010-08-06, 9:29AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Husqvarna - 250 series with couple different bars - runs awesome needs new clutch - approx. 25.00 fix real easy to do I can show you how. I moved to the city and no longer need it. Its just collecting dust. I paid 300.00 for it new.

FYI - this is not your normal saw it is made for sawmill use very heavy duty and powerful.

call - 616-813-4775 or reply to this post put chainsaw in title.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Anytime someone says 'it's a real easy fix' or 'it's really cheap to fix' beware. If it is so easy or cheap to do, why didn't they do it before they sold it?

What happens after you do the fix that the seller states and it still does not run right, or needs additional parts and work? If it's not running when you buy it, it is a 'project saw' or a 'parts saw' and should be priced accordingly.

If it is a 350 and running well, $150 could be a good deal. As a parts or project saw it needs to be priced with consideration to what a shop would charge for parts and labor to make it run well. If you do it yourself, you 'earn' the labor part.

Philbert

That link is useless, and there never was a Husky 250. I could as well be a (POS) 240, and not a 350 (that is quite good, for a "homeowner" saw)...

Kinda what I figured, but like I said, not real familiar with the Huskys. Really made me wonder about the sawmill use comment. Did he mean a milling saw, or they ran the pizz out of it at some sawmill cutting butts w/metal in them?
Thanks for the prompt replies. May look at it tomorrow, & make a lowball offer if it looks interesting. A C
Edit: sorry about the link, my bad. eyolf, thanks for fixing that.

"FYI - this is not your normal saw it is made for sawmill use very heavy duty and powerful."

Haha that's brilliant.

I have never heard of a 250. I own a 350 and that wouldn't hold up with a mill. I wonder what he actually has. It might be worth the drive to see but I would offer him $25-50 for it. It could be a 2100 so it may be worth the drive.

I agree about the 280 possibility.

But the saw is old and beat, probably used the shot clutch until it started the oily crud under the cover on fire. The smoke from the fire partly obscured the model number.

:):):)

Latest posts

Back